A Sunday spent being reminded that nature is magic and the universe has a sense of humor. And that BLTs are the single best sandwich to ever grace planet earth and there is no such thing as too many BLTs.
I left my dslr at home this time so that this trip could feel like real vacation, so please enjoy the iPhontography below.
A long Memorial Day weekend in LA. Highlights included:
- A quick drink at the Madonna Inn on the way south
- Saturday breakfast at Gjusta. Still dreaming about that granola and those porridge waffles. And if anyone knows who makes their ceramics please share!
- "Tumi" (turmeric almond and macadamia tea latte) at G&B in Grand Central Market
- Madcapra in Grand Central Market. It was falamenal (phenomenal falafel)
- Drinks on the roof of the Ace Hotel. That blue drink was subbed "Amazing Frozen Drink" on the menu, so I couldn't not order it.
Sunday lunch at Jon & Vinny's. That toast is ricotta, orange blossom honey and sesame seed on Gjusta bread. The marsala Anson Mills polenta was also especially delicious.
All of the photos I didn't Instagram from the last two months.
The last stop on our bike to the base crawl.
The most colorful brunch at Beauty's Bagel with Lucy.
The cheeseburger from Clove & Hoof is as amazing as everyone said it would be.
My favorite part about California is all the flowers.
Third trip to my favorite coffee shop in Mill Valley in 24 hours.
Couldn't get over all the green in Mill Valley.
Half marathon in a full downpour.
Looking straight at the sun
See, flowers everywhere!
Itani Ramen before Father John Misty.
It's always sunny in Oakland.
Penrose happy hour with Andi.
Always stoping and taking in the nature here.
Lake Merritt after work.
Easter in Saratoga.
Tara's Wine Bistro.
1601 Bar & Kitchen.
Magical experience at Chez Panisse.
Favorite coffee shop in my hood.
The holy grail.
Yosemite Ave Coffee Roasters first bag.
Late night tacos in the Mission.
Sequoia Diner, one of my new favorite spots.
Rosee sitting in her sitting room.
The most blissful day at Scribe Winery in Sonoma, followed by a bit of feasting at the Fremont Diner.