A long Memorial Day weekend in LA. Highlights included:
- A quick drink at the Madonna Inn on the way south
- Saturday breakfast at Gjusta. Still dreaming about that granola and those porridge waffles. And if anyone knows who makes their ceramics please share!
- "Tumi" (turmeric almond and macadamia tea latte) at G&B in Grand Central Market
- Madcapra in Grand Central Market. It was falamenal (phenomenal falafel)
- Drinks on the roof of the Ace Hotel. That blue drink was subbed "Amazing Frozen Drink" on the menu, so I couldn't not order it.
Sunday lunch at Jon & Vinny's. That toast is ricotta, orange blossom honey and sesame seed on Gjusta bread. The marsala Anson Mills polenta was also especially delicious.